Questions a beekeeper will ask before responding to a swarm call:
- Are you sure they are honeybees? (for example: Black & white, or black & yellow? Fuzzy or shiny?)
- Where is the swarm? (for example: in a tree; on a structure; inside the wall of a building; in the ground; in a gray paper nest). Note: If bees are within a structure, this is an extraction, which requires very different expertise. See NPBA list for name of person specializing in extractions.
- How long have they been there?
- How big is the swarm? (for example: softball-size; basketball-size?)
- Is a ladder or other equipment needed to reach the swarm?
- Is there a ladder or other equipment on site, or does the beekeeper need to bring it?
- What is a working phone number for the person with the swarm?
- What is the physical address and helpful directions? (for example: large oak tree to right of driveway; under picnic table behind red barn)
Swarm Call List
|Name||Phone Numbers||Times Available||Area Served|
|Frank Williams||cell:540-270-5609, home:540-937-4548||anytime||Culpeper, Fauquier, Rappahannock, Madison, Orange. Does extractions, construction expertise, ability to repair.|
|Glen Burke||home:540-347-2413, cell:540-522-5948||anytime||Culpeper, Fauquier, Rappahannock|
|Glenn Garasic||cell:540-718-9820||anytime||Culpeper, Fauquier, Rappahannock|
|Tom Johnson||home:540-987-8751, cell:540-219-9180||anytime||Culpeper, Rappahannock|
|Norma Larkin||home:540-661-3379, cell:703-203-6656||evenings/weekends||Culpeper, Orange, Madison, especially Ruckersville|
|Lindsey Lee||cell:540-212-3211||evenings/weekends||Culpeper, Orange|
|Tom Dreier||cell:614-783-8595||anytime||Culpeper (southern), Madison (northern)|
|James Smith||cell:540-222-3104, home: 540-321-4838||anytime||Culpeper|
|Derick Frye||540-522-2040||most days||Fauquier, Rappahannock|
|Paul Wallace||cell:540-270-6633||anytime||Fauquier, Rappahannock|
|Doug Higginbotham||home:540-347-1542||anytime||Fauquier, especially Warrenton|
|Regina Lilgeberg||cell:434-249-1725||most days||Orange, Madison, Louisa|
This information is provided as a public service. It is not an endorsement by NPBA, and all transactions are private arrangements between individuals.